I wanted to shoot that bastard Tenpenny. I mean, after all that—after uncovering Big Smoke’s hideout, slaying scores of gangsters, having a shotgun, his shotgun, pointed in my face—I was convinced this crooked cop would die by my hand. He didn’t of course, and as Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas’ credits rolled, I couldn’t help but think: What now?
What now saw me returning to Grove Street, dressed in green and strapped for war. To this day, San An’s gang warfare system is one of the most enjoyable squad-based, territory-capturing mini-games I’ve ever played, adding dozens of hours to an already massive game. Launched in 2016, Lucas Vinicius’ Gang and Turf mod brings the PS2-era mechanic to GTA 5. Better still, the hobbyist project is still growing, and has some grand plans for the future.
“I think it was when the single player missions ended. Unless you go online, there isn’t anyone to fight besides the police, and that’s a battle you can’t win,” Vinicius tells me when asked why GTA 5 needed a San Andreas-esque gang warfare system. “Best case scenario there is that you escape and survive. Fighting against the police also has no persistent effects: When the fight ends, the world will be the same as when it started, whether you survived or not.”
Despite its age, the “persistent consequences” of San Andreas’ territory acquisition rival that of any modern online multiplayer game, reckons Vinicius, and while the former’s events have distinct beginnings and endings, their outcomes are semi-permanent. Unless you wipe out a rival gang entirely, there’s a good chance your aggressors will reclaim some of their lost land while you’re off invading pastures new—such is the scale of SA’s far-reaching landscape.
Download : GangMod Script Mods Gta 5
– Initial Release
– Various bug fixes
– Gang/Turf Wars
– Active gang turfs are marked on map/radar.
– Gang Brawls
– Random driveby events
– Active gangs always enabled
– Gangster one hand aim fixed
– Gangster draw
– New recruit homie animation
– Homie commands (follow, hold, etc) in interaction menu
– New gang selector things
– Misc minor bug fixes.
– Added Request vehicle to Interaction Menu.
– Upon joining, you will have more weapons and armor.
– Upon joining, there will be a gang vehicle spawned nearby that you can take.
– Enemies spawn farther in Gang War.
– Weapons are more balanced for enemies in Gang War.
– Fixed bug where homies would run away if a Gang War was started.
– Ambient peds/vehicles will not spawn during a Gang War.
– No wanted levels will be given during a Gang War.
– Requested animation dictionaries and gang models upon loading mod to help with some crashes.
– Fixed driveby/backup peds having a higher chance of spawning with a Micro SMG instead of a pistol.
– Fixed endless loop where gang backup would keep looking for enemies.
– Fixed homies sometimes running away or not following when you recruited them.
– Added warning when player attempts to recruit more than 7 homies.
– Changed gang backup text when you already have one spawned.
– Added reason text for failure in Gang War.
– Added reason text for failure in Gang Brawl.
– Driveby events are more rare by default.
– Driveby events and gang backup spawns further.
– Added homie commands for using different weapons and renamed the menu item.
– Interaction menu closes when you call for backup.
– Fixed and tweaked a few commands for homies.
– Fixed gang dogs attacking you.
– Added different types of backup you can call.
– Homies are automatically dismissed if you die.
– Fixed gangster aim shooting when you are not aiming or in a vehicle.
– You can use gangster aim on Micro SMGs.
– You can gangster draw Micro SMGs.
– Misc minor bug fixes.
– Fixed/Reduced chance where Gang Selector marker/blip would not show up the first time or crashes.
– Added button prompt when doing an animation/scenario to stop.
– Added notification when a homie dies.
– Minor bug fixes.
– HUD colour changes depending on the gang you join.
– Requested gang member backup spawns with armor and random weapon.
– Player whistles for dog backup and plays speech for gang member backup.
– Disabled interaction menu when a Gang Brawl is in progress.
– Added quick travel to interaction menu.
– Added/separated homie weapons to interaction menu.
– Added radio to Gang Selector.
– Fixed minor bugs
Gang Selector Changes:
– Changed animations
– Removed cop
– Spotlight brightness decreased
You will receive text messages for gang events and you press Y/N to respond to:
– Destroy Gang Vehicle
– Convenience Store Robbery
More gang events will be added in future
– All driveby vehicles will have windows rolled down automatically.
– When you conversate with gang members, there will be a chance of replying instead of starting the conversation.
– Fixed Gang Selector sometimes not working on first load, no more pressing “INSERT” key.
– New animations when player joins a gang.
– You can drag injured members from your gang to safety and have a chance of reviving them.
– Added new actions to interaction menu: Homie Hug, Pass Blunt
– Added missing files