If you’re like me, you’ve probably had more than one unfortunate encounter with creepers in Minecraft. These pesky creatures always seem to sneak up on you when you’re least expecting it, and before you know it, you’re dead. In this blog post, we’ll discuss some tips that will help keep you safe from creepers and allow you to escape them unscathed!
1. Stay away from them (36th strategy).
2. Carry and flint and steel around — then you can control where the creeper explodes. Not to mention it can’t chase you while turning white…
3. Use this thing also known as “bow and arrow”. Best defence ever against creepers!
4. Sleep at night… less time for them to spawn. Then stay away from caves.
5. Get better armor that can withstand a blast. That nifty enchantment called “blast protection IV” or just plain old “Protection IV” also help!
6. Meow meow… get a cat, creepers are terrified of them.
7. /gamerule mobGriefing false
8. Change difficulty to “Peaceful”. NO MORE CREEPERS!!!
Edit: I have not been keeping up with all the updates to Minecraft! Here are some other ways:
9. Cart around one of those totems of undying in your left hand. Then you don’t die when blown up! Although if you already have one you can probably handle creepers…
10. Use a shield — depending on the version, right-clicking with a shield can deflect up to 100% of the damage coming from that direction. This applies also to deflecting skeleton arrows and even blocking spider leaps.
11. Speed and jump boost can be used to flee — or if you’re jumping in the air when the creeper explodes some of the damage becomes kinetic energy instead. Just watch for the fall damage when you come back down!