NBA 2K22 Season 8 is just around the corner, and Visual Concepts has just confirmed the start time and release date. The new season will see Shaquille O’Neal take the spotlight as NBA 2K22 celebrates one of the sports’ biggest stars. There are plenty of new changes and updates in store for players, so read on to find out when Season 8 starts and what to expect!
What Time Does NBA 2K22 Season 8 Start?
The official release date for NBA 2K22 Season 8 is Friday, July 1st, 2022. As confirmed via a recent tweet from the NBA 2K Twitter account, the start time for Season 8 is 8AM PT / 11AM ET / 4PM BST.
Players won’t need to download a new patch, as the Season 8 update was deployed on June 29 for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and Nintendo Switch. However, new content won’t be made available in-game until the aforementioned date and time.
One of the biggest changes coming in Season 8 is the new End Game cards. However, the Invincible cards aren’t going anywhere and will have some brand new rewards for Season 8. As confirmed via Visual Concepts, the following players will receive Invincible Rewards cards in the upcoming season:
- Unlimited Galaxy Opal Tier – Invincible Grant Hill
- Triple Threat Online: The 100 – Invincible Pete Maravich
- 2,000 Triple Threat Wins – Invincible Dominique Wilkins
- Triple Threat Vault – Invincible Elgin Baylor
- Season Ascension – Invincible Darryl Dawkins
- MyTEAM: Draft – Invincible Jerry West
- Dark Matter Token Reward Market – Invincible Julius Erving